South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Nor-Cal "Gold Country" Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:16 PM

Question Nor-Cal "Gold Country" Cruise: "GOLD RUSH II"

Ok, maybe too soon to think about it, but anyone interested in a similar cruise like the Monterey/Big Sur Convoy in the Gold Country (Jamestown/Sonora/Columbia) on Hwy 49? Just a thought...

Last edited by TEB-HHR; 11-17-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:34 PM

funny you should mention that on the way home last night Dianah and I where talking about a cruise on up through angels camp Hwy 4 used to be very windy for the last 15 miles but they have redone the Hwy to make it less treacherous or we could take Hwy 26 on in to 49 (i think havent gone that way in a while )pretty sure those are the correct Hwys. we have a friend that owns a restaurant in Sonora called Gus's Steak House its a great place to eat the food is outstanding.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:42 PM

Last Feb. we had a Gold Rush cruis. We started in Sonora and went up Hiway 49 to Columbia, to Sutters Creek and the Jackson and spent the night at Jackson Rancheria. We only had 4 at that time but we had fun. Another run on some different roads and a great place to eat sounds like a great G2G. This is a run that we can do rain or shine, just be on time.
See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
Old 11-17-2008, 08:23 AM

Columbia

OMG! Are you reading my mind....I was already planning a trip there with a stop at Columbia and other spots of interest. Coming soon to a place near you!!
Old 11-17-2008, 05:56 PM

It's a great idea and I think it should be planned as a Gold Rush II-- a potential annual event. Highway 49 runs from my backyard in Oakhurst and runs all the way to Grass Valley. I've driven the whole thing and there are tons of places to meet, drive, eat, etc... and lots of photo opportunities. Just pick a section to drive. It's perfect for winter-- above the fog and generally below the snow. It would need to be a rain or shine event because the weather is unpredictable.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_ROX_CALI
It's a great idea and I think it should be planned as a Gold Rush II-- a potential annual event. Highway 49 runs from my backyard in Oakhurst and runs all the way to Grass Valley. I've driven the whole thing and there are tons of places to meet, drive, eat, etc... and lots of photo opportunities. Just pick a section to drive. It's perfect for winter-- above the fog and generally below the snow. It would need to be a rain or shine event because the weather is unpredictable.
I agree There are a few of us newbies now, maybe we can get a few more to join us on this adventure...there be gold in dem der hills and HHR's too!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:13 PM

Let's Do It

I AM SO READY!! Joe and I are talking about taking a trial run and seeing what a good way to go and what to do would be. Planning on the 24th for a day trip. Would you like to plan this one out and make up a route since you know the backwoods trails?? Or give me some areas of interest and where they are so I can make up trip maps like we did for Monterey with meeting places and places to eat, etc. I would definately put it out to all HHRs for North and South. Get a big one going....eeehaaaa!! GITTER DONE!!

Originally Posted by HHR_ROX_CALI
Old 11-17-2008, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by bizzyca
0ould you like to plan this one out and make up a route since you know the backwoods trails?? Or give me some areas of interest and where they are so I can make up trip maps like we did for Monterey with meeting places and places to eat, etc. I would definately put it out to all HHRs for North and South. Get a big one going....eeehaaaa!! GITTER DONE!!
Sure, let me think about it and do some more exploring also. We'll talk soon...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:38 PM

the 24th of what??????
See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 PM

Hi Bud, If Fred did not want to take on this wonderful trip, I was going to day trip it on the 24th of Nov and see what there was for everyone to do and where to stop, etc. He said he would take it on....

Originally Posted by 1HotHHR
the 24th of what??????
See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey

Quick Reply: Nor-Cal "Gold Country" Cruise