South Pacific CA, NV, HI

Possible SoCal G2G - July 6th

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Whew! Thank God I escaped the photos, well I mean of ME not my most bytchen white beauty.

As aforementioned, was great to see everyone again. I really look forward to these things, no matter how big or small. Drive in on the 19th will be a blast too.

You are most welcome Angie for the leveling. I like doing that stuff and I will always want to help. Kris you are next. Get those bad boys and head on over.

Great to see you John, Sue, Lady Erin, Sindy and Mr. B.

Props to Al and Josh for making the Northern trek to have a burger and get this one started.

Don
Your white beauty still ended up with "Dusty".
(we'll get you in another picture yet!)

@...wishing her day was ending as good as it started...da*n
Old 07-06-2008, 09:21 PM

Okay, now Mr. JOHN SUBURBAN JR....if I ever see you post a photo of my ASSinine body like that one AGAIN ...you are BURNT TOAST....Nice pics, though.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 PM

You are most welcome Angie for the leveling. I like doing that stuff and I will always want to help.
It looks like you are adjusting the rake of the car.
How are you doing that, and what does it do for the handling? Please?

Mc

Last edited by mchuntley; 07-06-2008 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Politeness
Old 07-06-2008, 09:39 PM

:waving: great seeing everyone.
The T shirt idea was interesting Cheri but what were you going to put on it
Time went too fast but daughter had plans.
Ratty said HOWDY folks and waved. Will see you all soon

will try to make the drive in but can't promise
curtsy
E'
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Okay, now Mr. JOHN SUBURBAN JR....if I ever see you post a ahoto of my ASSinine body like that one AGAIN ...you are BURNT TOAST....Nice pics, though.
There seems to be an inordinate amount of pix with me in it--surprised the camera didn't break!

Originally Posted by mchuntley
It looks like you are adjusting the rake of the car.
How are you doing that, and what does it do for the handling?

Mc
This is technical stuff I do not know how to explain, so will let those who do it have a say--but this is my take on how it feels:

The back springs are changed and in the process, the car "levels" down. If you look at your HHR's back, it kind of sticks up. The springs I used (Goldlines) brought it down about 1.6". I attached a before & after pic.

As for handling, I also have a Progressive sway bar on. That was done first and felt a NOTICEABLE difference with handling immediately--tighter and didn't feel like I was going to tip over making sharp turns. With the leveling, it feels even smoother to me and I like feeling more grounded (plus Blackie looks cool ). Although I had to raise my seat up just a bit as I felt too low!

Other benefits, being only 5'1", I can reach up to the hatch easier now (much lighter without the rear wiper too!) and while I still miss a spot on the roof (ToddUMA always notices this as he is 6'3"), I can reach a little more on top when I clean!

Got them from one of our vendors: http://hhrboutique.com/items/hhr-per...61r-detail.htm

@ngelita and her lame review of leveling...
Attached Images  
Old 07-06-2008, 10:22 PM

Looks so much better. Maybe because the pic was taken in MY driveway. As for the dusty award, I had ONE bug smush on the windshied whereas the giver of the award had a pterodactyl crap HER windshied. Unfair, I say. Matt, her explanation is right on the money man, the springs are progressively wound so the ride isnt compromised. Looks better too.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 PM

Looks so much better. Maybe because the pic was taken in MY driveway. As for the dusty award, I had ONE bug smush on the windshied whereas the giver of the award had a pterodactyl crap HER windshied. Unfair, I say. Matt, her explanation is right on the money man, the springs are progressively wound so the ride isnt compromised. Looks better too.
Don, the giving of the dirty-HHR-award was bestowed upon me to give away to whomever I choose.

So even if Blackie had a few spots on the windshield, I can't give it to myself!
Now, ToddUMA kept SPOT, you can keep Dusty if you want (he matches your car some)-remember to snip him--the tag that is!

And yes, Blackie looks great next to the pink building!

smart a**

@

Last edited by afs9; 07-06-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Hotrodbob
Hey guys and gals... How about a 50/50 raffle at a G2G with the proceeds going to: http://www.challengedathletes.org/
Sounds good to me Bob
Old 07-06-2008, 11:00 PM

BUT it was fun. I did not take the photos I just posted them
Old 07-06-2008, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by TkHHR
Great pics Angie.

I took some pics of Kris's AA5 and have some photoshop work to do this week(just for fun). I just love the victory red.

Now back to the BBQ!
I can't wait to see Tim.

Quick Reply: Possible SoCal G2G - July 6th