Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 AM

LOL the "rake" takes some getting used to

Originally Posted by mchuntley
It takes some getting used to.
I kinda like the rake.

thanks
Matt
Stock, the cars have too much gap between wheel and fender. I also didnt like the way the rear end lifted under moderate to hard cornering. This takes it away. IMHO

Last edited by HipHotRod; 07-07-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: forgot to say, my 2 cents.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Off topic - thread hi jack

I like the leveled look. but I do periodic road trips w/ passengers and luggage. When loaded down, the car is level. My concern w/ leveling springs is the potential for bottoming out and the front end up in the air. So until I hear about someone in a simular situation, I will have to keep the "stink bug" rake.
Hey Daryl, (pre-leveling) only once have I had average to large folks in the back seat and the back end loaded with huge suitcases. When I backed out, the drive way was low and I did scrape a bit. But that's the only time and the front end wasn't up in the air like a dung-beetle!

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Stock, the cars have too much gap between wheel and fender. I also didnt like the way the rear end lifted under moderate to hard cornering. This takes it away. IMHO

Aestetically, I didn't like my butt sticking up in the air. And like Don states, I also did it for the fact I felt like I was tipping when I made moderate to hard cornering and feel safer this way. So it served 2 purposes! We know it isn't for everyone!

Regardless, I think you will notice the difference at least when you put the sway bar on that may be enough for now.

hijack over--yeah right!

@ngelita...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by afs9
Hey Daryl, (pre-leveling) only once have I had average to large folks in the back seat and the back end loaded with huge suitcases. When I backed out, the drive way was low and I did scrape a bit. But that's the only time and the front end wasn't up in the air like a dung-beetle!

hijack over--yeah right!

@ngelita...[/SIZE]
Sounds ok, but how about through some of the bouncy parts of I5 going thru LA. That is an unavoidable part of the road trip, when I go through that section, my bladder's been bounced so much I have to P_ _ at the nearest rest stop. Keep talking folks you may convince me.

See you folks in a couple weeks
Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE
Sounds ok, but how about through some of the bouncy parts of I5 going thru LA. That is an unavoidable part of the road trip, when I go through that section, my bladder's been bounced so much I have to P_ _ at the nearest rest stop. Keep talking folks you may convince me.

See you folks in a couple weeks
I went to LAX loaded down, but it was on the 405 and was able to take the car pool lanes. Maybe other folks who might be leveled in socal can chime in on this. The 5 is a bear regardless!

Don let me drive his car (leveled/swayed) and this is how I got an idea of how it felt--I liked it. Don't know if we'll have a chance at the drive-in, but you can take Blackie for a spin and see how you feel. Are you going to Don's beforehand to put on the sway?

Regardless Daryl, you WILL notice a difference with the sway bar and again, for now that may be the only thing you need/want. You've had it this long without either and Grumpee looks fine.

@..this thread is now officially *jacked*
Old 07-07-2008, 12:42 PM

Hey D,

Bottoming out will hit the factory bump stop. With the levelers, you have the option to trim it down. I figured your reason for not leveling was that you mentioned your taking the family on road trips. That's a valid concern. Like Ive mentioned, they are progressively wound. The coils are wound in a fashion that the "wraps" are really wide and spaced out at the top and tighten up as they wind downward. After trimming the bumpstop, it gives you a lot of room, probably more than the stock set up. Another way of looking at it is, they are so easy to swap out, it wouldnt be hard to change them for the road trip ( infrequent for you as you mentioned ) and then back to leveled. Just a thought. When in my NASCAR mode I can do em in 30-40 minutes and that's with no power tools.

They look sooooo much better leveled and the handling is enhanced greatly.

Man I need to get a job at Goldline, Hell I'd buy em from ME.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:15 PM

Photoshop for Kris

I can't help but look at Kris's new AA5 and think... What would I do to that red devil? I couldn't resist. Oh and lowered it too!

The Angels version is just for Kris.

Last edited by TkHHR; 06-01-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:33 PM

Nice treatment on the red AA5....that paint scheme would be so sweet.

Got and installed my splash guards today...I like em...

And because of my new friends in the SoCal club, I ordered the taillight chrome and the "Chevrolet" hood emblems.

This has gotta stop.....LOL

Cajun
Old 07-07-2008, 10:50 PM

Tim, that is super lookin!!! Now I'm looking at my panel and........
Old 07-07-2008, 10:54 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by Cajun
Nice treatment on the red AA5....that paint scheme would be so sweet.

Got and installed my splash guards today...I like em...

And because of my new friends in the SoCal club, I ordered the taillight chrome and the "Chevrolet" hood emblems.

This has gotta stop.....LOL

Cajun
I know brother!! the more you see the other cars..the more $$ spent LOL. Enjoy, The ride looks great as it is, just stop!!..Oh yeah, one last thing...It won't happen! You are never done! LMAO! Just give in. Todd (Uma)
Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by TkHHR
I can't help but look at Kris's new AA5 and think... What would I do to that red devil? I couldn't resist. Oh and lowered it too!

The Angels version is just for Kris.
Damn.. Tim that is sweet!! You have too much time on your hands, LOL. You are the photoshop God! Todd (Uma)

Quick Reply: Possible SoCal G2G - July 6th