SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Another squeak found and in the process of correction!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 09:58 AM

Another squeak found and in the process of correction!!!

Although I elimated the front end noise as described in another post, I still had one more noise that would surface from time to time, depending on roadconditions. The singing "bird" noise, which sounds like there are birds living in the cabin.... Well out on the highway yesterday and I am resting my right leg against the left side on the console area and guess what I am reproducing....there is the noise. That panel only in a certain area when pressure is applied make the "bird" noise. It appears to be a simple fix, as you have to go in through the rightside of the console, that is where the BCM is located. Maybe it needs to be adjusted, or just use some foam rubber or velcro to eliminate the noise. Took me a while to pinpoint that noise, but finally found it. And since I corrected the front end noises, what a pleasure to drive once again. Even at 70,000 miles it is still going strong.
On another note did a manual data log also on that trip which I will post later in the Eng section. Once I change out the BPV and make other adjustments, I shouldn't be getting anymore P2261 codes, they will be a thing of the past....