SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

CEL on way to work today, OnStar says code P2261

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by RodzHHRss
On a side note, when I popped the hood after getting home, I found "evidence" that a little critter has been hanging out in the engine compartment. We live in a somewhat rural area and I guess it's time to set out some "rat-b-gone"
If you had critters "hanging out" in your engine bay, I would scan all the wires to make sure someone wasn't "taste-testing the candy coated wires" under your hood.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by RodzHHRss
I've been having unusual boost readings since I changed back to the stock cbv spring and the CEL went away. The turbo won't produce more than 9.5-ish lbs. of boost in any gear (almost to WOT). I'm pretty sure I've seen WELL over 10 lbs. of boost before. I did a search and I'm still not quite sure what normal boost levels are.

Even though the CEL went away on its own after the spring swap, does b.o.b. still need to be taken down to the dealer to have any codes cleared?
Just a quick question... I hope. you say here 10 lbs. boost? I have only had my '08 SS for a little over a month now so I am still "learning". Is this boost number factory or the GM Stage kit? My SS is stock with an automatic transmission and when I am on the highway (45 - 55 mph) and punch it to pass, the car drops down a gear, boost builds to the 10-12psi range then bleeds off to about 5psi before the up shift. I have never seen the boost go above 10-12psi. Is this about right?

I have read on some threads here...(from another thread)

"bypass valve is stuck. Happens to me every now and then but never throws the code. I found that when it does that, just turn the car off, pop the hood and unplug the wiring harness that the bypass valve vacuum line connects to and you'll hear a click and the bypass valve releases. "

I too hear a click after I turn off the car in my garage. Is this the same "click"

Sorry to be so long but I like to be complete.