SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

Performance Display Bright/Dim

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 PM

Question Performance Display Bright/Dim

Does the performance display have a bright and dim setting that is dependent on the outside light conditions? I was driving home during a cloudy, rainy on and off, sometimes bright afternoon and noticed my display brightness changing between what appeared to be two different brightness settings. It appeared that the display brightness depended on the brightness outside. Anyone know about this?
Thanks, Ray.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:25 PM

Yes, it is tied to the rest of the instrument panel. Whatever the instrument panel identifies with, so does the Performance Cluster.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Display

Understand the display is tied to the rest of the instrument display. I didn't take notice of the rest of the display changing brightness corresponding with the display brightness. Am I to understand that it's a two setting (ie: high/low) brightness that is not controlled by the "wheel" switch on the dashboard?
Thanks, Ray.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:26 PM

There is a contrast adjustmend in the menu on the display. However, when you see it going from bright to dim. I'm betting that is due to your exterior auto lights coming on. Go outside and double check it. Make sure the headlights are off and then manually turn them (or really just the parking lights) on. You'll see the display brightness change.

Then once the exterior lights are on, the brightness changes with the dash lights dim dial.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 PM

Talking Bingo!

GasMan.......you are exactly correct! The display is brighter with the headlights on, and goes dim when the headlights are turned off. And, when the headlights are on, the dash switch raises and lowers the light intensity of the performance display. The first time I saw the performance display change intensity, I thought I was having alternator, battery, electrical gremlins. Now, if I could only figure out how to make the launch control work on my automatic SS. Tried ESC and TC off, with Performance/Launch Control on, and all the car seems to do is "torque stand" with no turbo boost build. Where is the 3500 converter stall with increased boost?
Thanks, Ray.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:34 PM

Glad you got it all figured out.

I haven't played much with the launch control but it's there. Also suppose to have no lift ****ing when in the competitive mode.

As far as torque stand and torque converter... Can't help ya there... IDK.