SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

set new code today...P0234????

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM

shameless bump
Old 05-15-2010, 03:35 PM

most recent update.....

went out to the other machine today, put about 125 miles on the SS round trip, did all sorts of exit maneuvers, tight turns at higher speeds, etc., just trying to get the SS to set a code, or lose boost once again, and today was no different from the past week, nothing but great performance. It has been 1 week since I checked, tighten the lower T-clamp, moved the connector, etc., and it is running great....
so again, I would suggest those that do not have the stage 1 kit and are or were having problems, check and tighten where necessary all of your connections, and make sure they are all seated properly, IMO it does help, it seems like it was the right thing to do and there are now 600 plus more miles on the engine since the adjustments......
I remember from long ago when the ECM's first came out, that the biggest problem was if there was a bad or loose ground, or a loose connector, it would cause all kinds of unexplainable running problems. It was true then, and I feel it is true now, a loose connection can drive you crazy..........
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM

wrong assumptions!!!!!!!

ok, so I am not always right....
After 2500 miles of driving, lost boost and set the P2261 code again....pulled over to the side of the road, cleared the code, restarted and boost was back instantly. go figure!!!! Then tonight oin the way home, once again when trying to pass in "I" or "D", (doesn't matter) lost boost, and no code set this time, but no power. Did the same, shut down engine and restarted, and boost was back.
So I would assume that there is some type of electrical problem that is shorting out at times causing the Bypass Valve to remain closed.
If anyone can shed some light on the following:
1-could this be a ECM problem???....have the Hahn tune
2-exactly where is the Bypass Valve located?
3-how is this part serviced?
4-am I correct in assuming that it receives current to operate?
5-and why when I restart, the problem is eliminated?

thanks for any opinions and advice............ Tom