SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

ss on the tow truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:37 AM

thanks i will look into that
Old 08-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by jerSSey HHR
Same here. Soon I will be taking it back to the dealer for the first time to get the brake fix.
I just got mine back from the brake fix. Didn't have my ss for one and half weeks and will be taking it back when the wiring harness comes in. Not sure when that will be, but the harness was damaged during the brake fix and they did a temp fix until the new harness comes in, which chevy says will be the end of october. dealing with there customer service on getting it faster.

Otherwise no problems mechanically. I did get a new rim under warrnety
Old 08-26-2009, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by JJ's BLACK SS
they told me that i have to bring it in 3 times for the same problem. is this true or are they lieing to me
I thought the 3 times for the same problem or in the first 30 day for any reason qualifies. Beyond that you may require legal representation to qualify to this law for any other circumstances.

That is the general thing...now, like mentioned, state to state there are variations. Here's a site with more info and legal representation:

http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/
Old 08-26-2009, 01:09 PM

i went to check on the car and they found the problem the lower pipe wireing had rubbed through the insolation. it is because of the angle of the sensor it put the wireing up aginst the ac compresser. i looks like the dealer that installed the kit messed up my piping there is a sheetmetal screw in the pipe holding on a peice of plastic that has been siliconed on with the sensor in it. dont go to lone star chevy.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 PM

i went to check on the car and they found the problem the lower pipe wireing had rubbed through the insolation. it is because of the angle of the sensor it put the wireing up aginst the ac compresser. i looks like the dealer that installed the kit messed up my piping there is a sheetmetal screw in the pipe holding on a peice of plastic that has been siliconed on with the sensor in it. dont go to lone star chevy.
If I were you I'd go to that dealer, get ahold of the GM or at the least the SM and show them what that tech did. Then have my $$ refunded or brand new parts given (piping, clamps, sensor, etc) to me which I'd take to another reputable dealer to install.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by asanti
If I were you I'd go to that dealer, get ahold of the GM or at the least the SM and show them what that tech did. Then have my $$ refunded or brand new parts given (piping, clamps, sensor, etc) to me which I'd take to another reputable dealer to install.
found that they didnt mess up the tube when pulled it out but that they didnt do what the instructions said on the stage kit. were you need to trim a peice on the tube to turn the sensor the other way so it will clear the ac compressor. i had to rob from my other stage kit to get the car running. i hope that this is all that is wrong and no sensors are messed up.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:55 AM

Mine was installed correctly, and still the wires hit the a/c compressor and wore through, causing safe mode and surging. They need to check the routing of the wiring in that area. I've had mine back 2 days now and it's running up to snuff.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ratracer
Mine was installed correctly, and still the wires hit the a/c compressor and wore through, causing safe mode and surging. They need to check the routing of the wiring in that area. I've had mine back 2 days now and it's running up to snuff.
were is you plug for the sensor facing
Old 08-28-2009, 09:03 AM

I am not a fan of having GM "buy back" the car as I love my SS, but a sheetmetal screw?!?!?! There is NO reason for a sheet metal screw on a car! I would demand that they fix it right.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:11 PM

My SS has been in the shop 6 times this year so far and over 45 days of service time. (lol, I broke down the 1st week i got it and then the following week too) I have a Case open with GM at the moment and then the SS coded again this weekend. Called the service rep and told them don't even bother telling me to send it in for service again, just send me the Buy Back paperwork, or you can talk to my lawyer from this point on. Good thing CA's lemon law can kick in after the 4 repair or out of service for a total of thirty (30) or more days .

I love my little HHR, but when the wife and I don't feel safe driving it and we were planning on giving it to our daughter next year, with all these problems, it just makes me wonder on the quality and safety of the car.

Quick Reply: ss on the tow truck