Supporting Vendors Promotions, specials, and group purchases by authorized Supporting Vendors ONLY

Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:13 PM

My big question-I have the Progress sway bar and have been happy with it. Is it worth my while to get the Turbo Tech bar???
Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lee3333
My big question-I have the Progress sway bar and have been happy with it. Is it worth my while to get the Turbo Tech bar???
Many guys on the cobalt forums were in your same situation. Some did do the upgrade and were glad they did. Some comments were:

Better quality of manufacture
Much larger and offers more "support"
Great color selections
Old 08-27-2008, 11:56 AM

Received my sway bar in "Basic Black" on Monday. Got up early this morning and did the install. All reports are correct. Took more time to unwrap and read the instructions than it did for me to do the actual installation.

I had no one to assist me, but proceeded anyway. Backed the car up on my ramps. slid the cardboard shipping box under the car with the sway bar on it to protect from scratching it. used a couple of tie wraps to hold the sway bar up in place. Insert bracket in one side and loose fit the the bolts and repeat for the other side. Tighten down and I'm good to go!

Inital drive to work shows much improvement in cornering. Will be taking a longer drive today with a couple of sweeps and I'll check it out further.

An excellent upgrade. THANKS!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the great review. The corrugated box does come in handy for the install :)
Old 08-28-2008, 01:06 AM

Installed it today, did a couple of test of runs, a buddy of mine who use to race also drove it and we both agree it's far better than stock. First drive I kept being amazed at how much better it felt. More in depth review to follow, bottom line it's definitely worth the money!
Old 08-31-2008, 11:34 AM

After sitting on the side line for the last couple of months and reading every ones comments about this sway bar I finally jumped in and ordered mine today. Can't wait to get it and see the benefits. I really notice the body roll and want to cut it down.
I am also strongly thinking about adding the rear lowering springs. (For what I use the car for I'm not sure lowering all 4 corners will work for me.) Do you guys think I will see much benefit.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

I think the best thing besides the rear sway bar is the "Progress Lowering Springs" which we keep in stock.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:17 PM

Well, I jumped on mine Sunday. Gave the included installation mat ( the cardboard box) a try also.

Took me about 45 minutes from start to finish. I used an awl to help line up the holes. I think this point was made earlier-I've not read back to see-but tighten up the bolts equally when you start, it'll help with the installation. I hand-tightened one side up almost to the end and the other side would just not line up. Unbolted, started all over again, went together like a champ.

Also used the zip ties...that was a great idea for a one person install.

Handling is now much flatter, wife likes it alot more also.

My suggestion: Just do it!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by raceysdad
My suggestion: Just do it!
Thanks!
Old 09-06-2008, 07:10 PM

Mine came yesterday and I installed it today. It took 15 minutes and that included getting, using and putting away all tools. What a piece of cake that was. The quality and black paint job on the sway bar was excellent and the fit and hole alignment was dead on. Nice job Turbo Tech Racing. Will check out how well it works tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar