Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Great Tire Rack Winter Wheels & Tires Deal!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Great Tire Rack Winter Wheels & Tires Deal!

I just wanted to share what I think is a great deal for winter steelies and tires for our HHR SS's (looks wierd when you pluralize it, lol)

I made this purchase earlier in the week.

215/55QR-16 Bridgestone Blizzak REVO 1 - $66 each on closeout (they get good reviews!)

16x6.5 5-110 et42 cb65 steelies - $41 each (when you search for them as a winter option for the SS)

$95 for shipping with free mounting and balancing.

so that's $523.96 all together.

And then I'm getting some solid disc wheels covers for 'em that will run around $80.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:11 PM

BfloGeno, Did you talk to anyone at Tire Rack about fitting these 16" wheels on an SS? It looks like you found the other post about a few us trying to figure out if 16's will fit on an SS. When do you expect to receive these winter wheels and tires? Thanks, G.B.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:13 PM

I ordered a set also... I should see mine Thursday or Friday and will report back. They seem to think that they'll fit, but I'm still not 100% convinced.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by rearview
I ordered a set also... I should see mine Thursday or Friday and will report back. They seem to think that they'll fit, but I'm still not 100% convinced.
Great, thanks rearview. I hope they fit so you don't have to go through the hassle to return them. I would like to get a set as well if I know they will fit. Thanks, G.B.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:52 PM

Got the tracking numbers 90 minutes after I ordered them, they should be here tomorrow. We'll find out.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by rearview
Got the tracking numbers 90 minutes after I ordered them, they should be here tomorrow. We'll find out.
Cool, Tirerack is a great place to buy wheels and tires. I bought some Dunlop Graspic snow tires for a VW Jetta a few years ago from Tirerack and used their installer deal. It worked out great. I was really happy. I hope your new winter shoes work out. G.B.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:05 PM

if they don't fit for someone, and they want to talk about getting rid of them at a discount (if returning them doesn't work out, or usually shipping something to you costs a lot less then shipping something back to somewhere...) Let me know.

I have a 2LT and have been bouncing the winter rims and wheels idea around a bit.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gone Blue
BfloGeno, Did you talk to anyone at Tire Rack about fitting these 16" wheels on an SS? It looks like you found the other post about a few us trying to figure out if 16's will fit on an SS. When do you expect to receive these winter wheels and tires? Thanks, G.B.
I'm 99% sure they will fit for two reasons -

1. I had a GM mechanic tell me that the stock 16" steelies will fit the SS (and these steelies I got from tire rack are identical to stock)

2. TireRack sold me these specifically as a fit for the HHR SS.

we wont really know until November 1st when i have them installed (usually a safe date barring another freak October snow storm in Buffalo, lol)
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 AM

where did you find the 16" steelies? Are there things different between the regular hhr wheels and the ss wheels, bolt pattern or something like that. I was on there looking last night and it said it could only find 15" and 17" steelies?
Old 07-17-2008, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by BfloGeno
I'm 99% sure they will fit for two reasons -

1. I had a GM mechanic tell me that the stock 16" steelies will fit the SS (and these steelies I got from tire rack are identical to stock)

2. TireRack sold me these specifically as a fit for the HHR SS.

we wont really know until November 1st when i have them installed (usually a safe date barring another freak October snow storm in Buffalo, lol)
That's great. Tirerack is usually spot on. Thanks....

Quick Reply: Great Tire Rack Winter Wheels & Tires Deal!