Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Love my Firestones!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by catdaddy137
maybe i'll post a pic of mine when have 90,000 miles on them...should be within a month...currently over 85,000.
57k + on mine and still going. With today's economy, I'll run them 'til the belts start showing.

The next set will probably be purchased based off price. I'm hoping I can find a decent set at a good deal.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Imagine what you would think of good tires.
Like what?
Old 10-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

My firestones are noisey. And not crazy about them.. However I will run 'em till they need replaced.

But will choose another brand at that time..

Instead of Performance tires. I was thinking of trying a good quality Touring / All Season tire.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:52 PM

I just replaced my firestones with Nitto NT850's. I got 50,k on the orignal fstones, they were ok, but would spin out here on Florida's wet roads.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:56 PM

My stock tires made it to 55,000. I bought a set of Firehawks and love them. The price was right, ride is good and noise is minimal. I loved my originals, great in all types of weather. The new tires now have over 14,000 on them and I still have no complaints.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:24 AM

Just replaced the Firestones at 35000. Have been happy with them, but there was no way they were gona be good for another winter.
Rotated every 4000 mi. Wear was fairly even, but the wear bars were starting to show on outside edges. (alignment was checked and was in specs)
Now for the bad news, I decided to go with the Fuzion HRI. Got them from a friend who is a Firestone dealer. From reading the ratings on the Fuzion from Tire Rack, they rated well, plus a friend had just put them on his HHR and was happy.
It has been two weeks and here is what I have going on: Steering wheel shake at 60mph,(tires checked and re-balanced again, still there) I notice a slight thumping from them at daily start-up, kind-da-like flat spots, than goes away.(another friend notices same thing with his on 2 cars). I also feel a slight vibration thru the seats while going down the road.
Monday I am going back to my friends shop to see if I have one or more bad tires.
I really like the looks of the Fuzion but at this point I am very disapointed.
Plus, I just got my new issue of Consumer reports and they rated tires.
The Fuzion is on the bottom of the list of 14 tires tested in its category.
It was the worst for "rolling resistance" which can effect fuel mileage.
Have not had a chance to check mileage with the Fuzion.
Will post my final solution.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear about your tires..

What is the top rated tire ? & etc... (if you would ?)
Old 10-16-2009, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1
Now for the bad news, I decided to go with the Fuzion HRI. Got them from a friend who is a Firestone dealer. From reading the ratings on the Fuzion from Tire Rack, they rated well, plus a friend had just put them on his HHR and was happy.
Sounds like you bought them from a local dealer and you have that going for you. This is a good example of buying the tires locally rather than buying from a Tire Rack, etc. as your local guy has an interest in you.

Have you tried moving the tires around - front to back - to see if any improvement?

Good luck!!
Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM

I really like my Kumho Souls KH16 tires. Quiet, smooth ride, good in rain. If you switch, you may want to consider those. God Bless, Marc
Old 10-17-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by Marcruger
I really like my Kumho Souls KH16 tires. Quiet, smooth ride, good in rain. If you switch, you may want to consider those. God Bless, Marc
i had these kumho's on my old gtp i was very happy with them all year round. i had almost 30,000 on them when i traded the car for the hhr. the firehawks on the hhr seem to wear very nice but they are very loose in wet and colder weather. i am scared to use them in the winter especilay when i need to get to my plow truck the next town over and i need to drive there before some roads are plowed in the very early mourning. i just picked up a set of 15 inch steel wheels from tire rack tpm sensors on ebay and going to pick up some firestone winterforce winter tires localy so i can swap them out. i will run the firehawks until they wear out but only in the warmer seasons. after that i will certinly buy a diffrent model tire.maybe the kumho again for the money they were nice.

Quick Reply: Love my Firestones!