Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Nitrogen Tire Inflation

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
It's just a matter of time.... pee or poop anywhere will cost you!

'n' the gummit will start hitting us with a "Breathing Tax", too!
No more eliminating in free spaces either.
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2009, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I would not term it misleading. But I would term it over selling a small gain.

Nitrogen in tech terms is better but is it really a must have or that great of an advantage to have that it is worth the trouble of finding it and paying $28.

These are terms each driver needs to ask him or her self.

This is no different than oil and it just comes down to the end user.

What I am trying to say there is no wrong answer here and only the right one you make for yourself. So there is no need to argue the point here.

I myseld have better things to so with my money but if someone feels better using it so be it. Using it will not hurt anything and if it make one feel better then it is worth the $28 to them.
Ahh. A voice of reason...
Old 10-19-2009, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Doc brown
Ahh. A voice of reason...
I am waiting to see how long till someone says we should us Helium to lighten the car up?

I bet if someone offered it they would be able to sell it. There are a lot of Tornado's sold everyday.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I believe ALMOST everything you stated. But can you explain how nitrogen PREVENTS CORROSION IN ALUMINUM OR MAGNESIUM WHEELS. I was under the impression that common moisture has very little effect, if any, on these two metals. That's one of the reasons why they are used in the marine industry.
Nitrogen is an inert gas. There is nothing in nitrogen that will facillitate corrosion. The lack of moisture only helps or adds to that. In aviation, the trend is to go above and beyond preventative maintenance to stop problems down the road. As a general rule, aircraft tires are not on an airplane long enough for the corrosion process to start. Nitrogen is just the "safest" gas to put in them.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Snoopy
I believe ALMOST everything you stated. But can you explain how nitrogen PREVENTS CORROSION IN ALUMINUM OR MAGNESIUM WHEELS. I was under the impression that common moisture has very little effect, if any, on these two metals. That's one of the reasons why they are used in the marine industry.
Originally Posted by hyperv6
I am waiting to see how long till someone says we should us Helium to lighten the car up?

I bet if someone offered it they would be able to sell it. There are a lot of Tornado's sold everyday.
I thought I got suckered into a Tornado purchase, but I did some checking after installation and found that I did average about 1.5 miles per gallon better over the course of a year in a V8 truck that I had. It's not much, but it did help and justified the cost of the unit as it paid for itself. Another product that will boost HP a bit is Lucas fuel additive. It also boosts octane rating. I have noticed 2 mpg improvement with it and better/smoother throttle response. Try it sometime, it's worth the $$$.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by jescobe82
I thought I got suckered into a Tornado purchase, but I did some checking after installation and found that I did average about 1.5 miles per gallon better over the course of a year in a V8 truck that I had. It's not much, but it did help and justified the cost of the unit as it paid for itself. Another product that will boost HP a bit is Lucas fuel additive. It also boosts octane rating. I have noticed 2 mpg improvement with it and better/smoother throttle response. Try it sometime, it's worth the $$$.
If you found 3.5 MPG God bless you.

We sell Tornado's at work and I have yet to see anyone provide proof on a Dyno or paper that will honestly and independently back it up.

As for Lucus we also sell their products and they do offer some good products but I find it hard that it improved mileage 2 MPG unless it has corrected a problem with the vehicle.

The bottom line is if things like this improved milege so easy and cheap every Auto MFG in the world would either be using them or using a copy of them. As it is they are spending millions of dollars to redesign fuel systems like new DI systems and entire vehicles just to pick up 2-3 MPG.

How many got took on past things like Slick 50, Splitfire plugs and those magnets you tape on the fuel line? The goverment has shut some of these down on their claims and I expect to see more with increase gas prices in the future.

Sorry, I am just a non believer based on lack of proof.

Been there done that and ain't never going back.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:18 PM

This thread....please, R.I.P.