Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

OEM wheels frustration and confusion

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM

OEM wheels frustration and confusion

i've been all over the web trying to find out the size of the polished aluminum 17" rims on a 2006 LT. i want another set of rims to put winter tires on so i don't have to switch back and forth every year, but i already have the winter tires i bought last year, and they fit on the OEM rims, so i'm stuck (i think?) with the exact dimensions of the original rims.

so, what size are the OEM rims? i have conflicting information from the web.
is it 17 X 6.5? 17 X 7? 17 X 17.5? i don't want to buy rims, and then find out my tires don't fit on them.
and, then there's the offset. what range is good? i think stock is 42mm?

i phoned the dealer(s), but chevrolet said they don't make 17 inch steel wheels that fit.
and, i'm not getting any luck with wheel dealers, either.
nice.

i'm in toronto, btw, so, tirerack isn't the best solution, i figger (although it will be if they have the right size, and no one else does).
i would love to just buy the OEM ones second hand, if anyone in southern ontario has some for sale.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:08 PM

Pull a wheel, the dimension should be stamped somewhere on the backside of it.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

bud..call PLAZEk..out in caistorville ontario..auto recycle joint..I got my back seat from them..he should have some rims.http://www.plazek.com/if he wont deliver..get hold of me and i can bring them to ya
Old 12-16-2009, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by pyro panel
bud..call PLAZEk..out in caistorville ontario..auto recycle joint..I got my back seat from them..he should have some rims.http://www.plazek.com/if he wont deliver..get hold of me and i can bring them to ya
awesome. i'll try that first.

thanks a lot, eh!
Old 12-17-2009, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by pyro panel
LOL thats the only HHR I found at a wrecker, been there at least a year. How much did the seat cost you?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:56 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by i like!
i've been all over the web trying to find out the size of the polished aluminum 17" rims on a 2006 LT. i want another set of rims to put winter tires on so i don't have to switch back and forth every year, but i already have the winter tires i bought last year, and they fit on the OEM rims, so i'm stuck (i think?) with the exact dimensions of the original rims.

is it 17 X 6.5? 17 X 7? 17 X 17.5? i don't want to buy rims, and then find out my tires don't fit on them.

i phoned the dealer(s), but chevrolet said they don't make 17 inch steel wheels that fit.
nice.

i'm in toronto, btw, so, tirerack isn't the best solution, i figger (although it will be if they have the right size, and no one else does).
i would love to just buy the OEM ones second hand, if anyone in southern ontario has some for sale.
My 08 has the oem Polished 17" mags & they are 6.5" wide. It's stamped on the inner rim (as previously mentioned)
Old 12-17-2009, 11:33 AM

chevy malibu 17" should fit
Old 12-18-2009, 03:53 PM

okay, for the record, the answer for the 2006 LT is 17 X 6.5. i just switched my summers off my OEM rims for this year, and i'll try and find something for the spring to put my summers onto.
can't keep switching them back and forth, as the bead will get mangled and render the tires useless.
thanks for the help, everyone.
pyro panel, i phoned, and no, he didn't have any, but i'll phone throughout the year and check periodically, 'cause i still need some, by cracky.
i had no idea rims were so specific!
if at any time someone wants to try and sell a torontonian some 17X6.5rims that fit perfectly (i don't want any adapter hub centering rings and such), let me know, here, and maybe we can work out a deal before spring, eh.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:14 PM

BOLT PATTERN (mm): 5x110
BOLT PATTERN (in):
WHEEL CENTER BORE (mm): 65.1
LUG NUT SIZE: 12X1.5
LUG NUT TYPE NUT
OFFSET DESCRIPTION: HIGH
OFFSET RANGE (mm): 35-42

so, i decided to swap the winter tires back onto the rims, and my mechanic warned me beforehand that swapping them too much risks damage to the bead.
well, now i've got to find another frickin' tire, 'cause that happened.
i'm pissed that chev doesn't have a 17 inch steel wheel for this car.
irresponsible, i say!

but, on the bright side, i learned nearly everything i need to know about buying rims and tires.
expensive lesson.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by i like!

nice.

the OEM is 17.7, 5-110/5-112

Quick Reply: OEM wheels frustration and confusion