Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Replace those factory-installed Firehalks

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 PM

Replace those factory-installed Firehalks

Okay, I don't know what happened to the forum question I was addressing, "Hate my rock hard Firestone Firehalk tires," as I was trying to navigate this website, so I'll just address it here and hope that poor dude looking to replace his skins will get this passed on to him by one of you nice people. Here's my reply to him:
I know I posted a reply with a tire that I replaced my Firehalks with, but I think I left out the model. Anyway, I'll just make this quick. I replaced the factory-installed, noisy, rock-hard 17" Firehalks with Continental Extreme Contact all-weather tires (which includes snow). I believe, out of the tons of tires I've put on my cars over all my 42 years of vehicle ownership, that these are the best tires I have ever purchased. They're sticky on wet and dry roads, very smooth, very quiet and very nice looking. And, probably because of the asymetric tread, they don't squeel when I "get on it" with the 5-speed manual. They just do a very quick "shuffle" and they hook right up to the road and see ya later. Dang, I love these tires! I bought mine from America's Tire and the price was reasonable. Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by twr4d
Okay, I don't know what happened to the forum question I was addressing, "Hate my rock hard Firestone Firehalk tires," as I was trying to navigate this website, so I'll just address it here and hope that poor dude looking to replace his skins will get this passed on to him by one of you nice people. Here's my reply to him:
I know I posted a reply with a tire that I replaced my Firehalks with, but I think I left out the model. Anyway, I'll just make this quick. I replaced the factory-installed, noisy, rock-hard 17" Firehalks with Continental Extreme Contact all-weather tires (which includes snow). I believe, out of the tons of tires I've put on my cars over all my 42 years of vehicle ownership, that these are the best tires I have ever purchased. They're sticky on wet and dry roads, very smooth, very quiet and very nice looking. And, probably because of the asymetric tread, they don't squeel when I "get on it" with the 5-speed manual. They just do a very quick "shuffle" and they hook right up to the road and see ya later. Dang, I love these tires! I bought mine from America's Tire and the price was reasonable. Hope this helps.

Just to clear the air are these tires DW or DWS ??

SF
Old 03-16-2013, 06:56 AM

What is a Firehalk?
Old 03-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Premium Member

A blazing bird ?
Attached Images  
Old 03-16-2013, 10:18 AM

A DW is a DWS without the winter....DW is a summer tire..not so great in winter..DWS is an all year tire. great all year long..I have DWS on my LS..MUUUUUCH better then the stocker factory crap!
Old 03-16-2013, 01:51 PM

The Firestone Firehawks are the worst tires I have ever had, will never buy abother Firestone.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
The Firestone Firehawks are the worst tires I have ever had, will never buy abother Firestone.

I thought you said that about the set of Falken (?) you just replaced.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:32 PM

Ditto for both.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Just "playing" with you Jay......didn't mean any disrespect.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

falken are the dollar store brand tires..horrible

Quick Reply: Replace those factory-installed Firehalks