Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Replace those factory-installed Firehalks

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan
A blazing bird ?
That would be a Firehawk; I was wondering what a Firehalk was.......

To the OP, I too and was just giving you a hard time

Last edited by db/sb; 03-17-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 AM

I have never taken offense from comments on the forum to me, the best people in the world are on this forum,many thanks to all.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by twr4d
Okay, I don't know what happened to the forum question I was addressing, "Hate my rock hard Firestone Firehalk tires," as I was trying to navigate this website, so I'll just address it here and hope that poor dude looking to replace his skins will get this passed on to him by one of you nice people. Here's my reply to him:
I know I posted a reply with a tire that I replaced my Firehalks with, but I think I left out the model. Anyway, I'll just make this quick. I replaced the factory-installed, noisy, rock-hard 17" Firehalks with Continental Extreme Contact all-weather tires (which includes snow). I believe, out of the tons of tires I've put on my cars over all my 42 years of vehicle ownership, that these are the best tires I have ever purchased. They're sticky on wet and dry roads, very smooth, very quiet and very nice looking. And, probably because of the asymetric tread, they don't squeel when I "get on it" with the 5-speed manual. They just do a very quick "shuffle" and they hook right up to the road and see ya later. Dang, I love these tires! I bought mine from America's Tire and the price was reasonable. Hope this helps.
Sorry I didn't see your responce but I AM THE FIRESTONE ROCK HARD HATER. I considered those but some people are tying to sway me to the Goodyear Comfort tread . ANY COMMENTS ?